Am I eligible for tax relief for senior or disabled citizens?
The Township of Hampton offers real estate tax relief for senior and disabled citizens who meet certain requirements. Generally, property owners must be at least 60 (be a widow or widower age 50 to 60 years) by December 31 of the current year or provide proof of their total disability, and the owner's combined income with their spouse cannot exceed $30,000 per year. Citizens who meet these qualifications should file an application for real estate tax relief by June 30 to be eligible for relief for that year.

For more information, or to receive an application, contact the County of Allegheny Treasurer's Office located at Room 108 of the Courthouse:
436 Grant St.
Pittsburgh, PA 15219

Between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, or call them at 412-350-4100.

Show All Answers

1. How do I pay Earned Income Taxes?
2. How do I pay the Local Services Tax?
3. How do I go about getting a municipal lien letter for a property in Hampton?
4. What are the current Local Tax / Millage Rates?
5. What are the current School Tax / Millage Rates?
6. Am I eligible for tax relief for senior or disabled citizens?
7. What is required for closing on a home in Hampton Township?
8. What is a real estate tax assessment?
9. How do I make real estate tax payments?
10. What do I do if my billing address changes?
11. Can I get a tax certification document?
12. When are the deadlines for local taxes?