How do I go about getting a copy of a police report?

Most police records and reports maintained by the Township of Hampton Police Department are accessible to the public by law and can be obtained from the police department by filling out an Open Records Request Form, which can be found on-line. Criminal reports, traffic accident reports, missing person reports, police records, and warrants can all be acquired by stopping by in person at the Hampton Township Police Department main offices during the hours of 7:30 AM and 4:30 PM at: 3101 McCully Road, Allison Park, PA 15101.  You must present a picture ID, such as a valid driver's license, military ID, or passport. There is a processing fee of $5 for an incident report and $15 for an accident report. Copies of the records you requested must be handed directly to the requesting person who must have proper ID. It is a good idea to call first to verify if the report will be released and so that the report will be ready for you when you arrive. Please call the Hampton Police Department at 412-486-0400 with any questions.

Show All Answers

1. How do I report suspicious or criminal activity?
2. Have you been a victim of Internet crime?
3. How do I dispose of unwanted medications?
4. Does Hampton Township have a fingerprinting program?
5. How do I go about getting a copy of a police report?
6. How can I reduce the risk of home burglary?
7. Who is the District Judge and what does the District Judge do?
8. How do I arrange a tour of the Police Department? What does a tour include?
9. Will the police watch my home while I am on vacation?
10. How do I file a complaint or commendation?
11. What constitutes an abandoned vehicle? How do I report one?
12. What can I do about construction noise near my home?
13. Do door-to-door solicitors need a permit?
14. What is the False Alarm Ordinance?
15. What are the fireworks regulations?
16. What happens if a vehicle is illegally parked?
17. Are open fires / burning permitted?
18. What is included in the township's noise ordinance? How can I report a violation?
19. What can be done about telephone solicitations?
20. What if there is an evacuation of my area?
21. What happens if there is a hazardous material incident?
22. What do I do if I'm involved in a traffic accident?
23. What do I do if I have an emergency?
24. What do I do if I witness animal abuse or cruelty?
25. What do I do if an animal bites another animal or person?
26. What is the leash law for dogs?
27. What do I do if there is a stray cat around my home?
28. What can I do if I've lost or found a pet?
29. Can I file a barking dog complaint?
30. What do I do if a neighbor's pet is a public nuisance?
31. What is the pooper scooper law?
32. What do I do about a dead or wild animal?
33. What are the various divisions within the Hampton Police Department?
34. What does the Detective / Investigation Division do?
35. What does the Drug Task Force Division do and how can I contact them?
36. What is the Patrol Division?
37. What does the Traffic Division do?