CORONAVIRUS INFORMATION - UPDATE REGARDING TOWNSHIP FACILITIES/PARK REOPENING PLAN – NOVEMBER 23, 2020
On Wednesday evening, May 27, 2020, Hampton Township Council adopted Resolution No. 1027 approving a Coronavirus (COVID-19) Reopening and Future Operations Plan for Township facilities. A full copy of the Plan can be viewed here: Hampton Township Reopening and Future Operations Plan.
Listed below is a summary of the Township’s current operations. Public interaction guidelines are to be strictly followed/practiced while the Township is operating under County and State guidelines. Employees and members of the general public are also encouraged to voluntarily continue these practices into the “Green Phase” as well. We would ask that you also continue to follow CDC and the PA Department of Health guidelines as they relate to COVID‑19 pandemic.
Township Administrative Offices (Municipal Building)
All Township full-time employees have resumed their regular office hours
All Township part-time employees have resumed their regular office hours
The Township’s Municipal Building is open to the public in the reception area, permit window and Hampton Shaler Water Authority counter only. Any meetings with Township personnel should be scheduled in advance and will be held in the Council Chambers at the Municipal Building.
Township Council, Board and Commission Meetings
Township Council, Board and Commission meetings for the month of December, 2020 will be held at the Hampton Community Center, Great Rooms A and B, to encourage social distancing. The meeting dates are as follows:
- Agenda (Public Hrg. & Workshop) Meeting Wednesday, December 9
- Regular (Voting) Meeting Wednesday, December 16
Environmental Advisory Council (EAC) Monday, December 7
Planning Commission Monday, December 14
Zoning Hearing Board Tuesday, December 22
Land Use/Planning (including Permits) Department
- Permit applications will be accepted and processed during regular office hours. The Township requires up to 15 business days for residential applications and 30 business days for commercial applications; however, most applications are processed within two weeks.
- All permits issued until the completion of the “phasing out” period shall be accompanied by the following condition, along with a copy of the State’s Guidelines for Businesses in the Construction Industry to operate under (see Appendix #4 of the Reopening Plan).
- Video conferencing for meetings, or telephone calls, with the Land Use Department is encouraged. All in-person meetings with the Land Use Administrator or Land Use Assistant must be scheduled in advance to ensure that space is available for the meeting.
Community Services (Road and Recreation Program Operations)
Community Center and Fitness Area
- The Community Center is currently open to the public, following County and State guidelines.
- The current County advisory states that there should be no indoor gatherings of more than 10 persons that include individuals from more than one household in a residence or other private indoor location.
- All fitness area equipment has been relocated to follow the 6 ft. social distancing guidelines.
Youth Athletic Activities and Facilities
- The community park sports courts (basketball, street hockey, sand volleyball and tennis courts), are open. As of November 18, 2020, the County advisory states that there should be no outdoor social gatherings of more than 20 persons including people from more than one household held outside of private residences, parks, or recreational spaces or event spaces.
Playgrounds and Pavilions
- All playgrounds and pavilions in the community park are open.
Hampton Community Library
- The Hampton Community Library is open.
- HCL will continue to provide relevant and popular items to be collected on a limited basis.
- All items will be returned through the book drops and quarantined following CDC guidelines.
- All items received through shipping will follow Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh and Einetwork protocols.
- Please follow HCL’s website and Facebook page for hours of operation, events, etc.
Upcoming Township Sponsored Events and Program
- Holidays in Hampton Santa Tour.
- Join us in the Community Park on Thursday, December 3rd, at 7:00 p.m. for a fireworks show from the soccer fields. Stay after to see Santa Claus & Rudolph ride around the Community Park via Fire Truck. Please note that this event is entirely outdoors. No individual Santa photos will be taken this year due to COVID-19.
- Also, Santa Claus will be touring the Township with help from the North Hampton and Hampton Volunteer Fire Departments the weekend of December 12th...look for more information in the near future.
Construction Guidance During COVID-19 FAQs
Stay-At-Home Order Guidance
Business Guidance Order
Order Closing All Non-Life Sustaining Businesses - List
Life-Sustaining Businesses - FAQ's
Allegheny County COVID-19 Map
ACHD Rumor Control Link
FEMA Rumor Control Link
ACHD Resource Page
PA Department of Health Information
CDC "self checker" link- allows individuals to answer a
few questions, and then offers advice. Also provides
information on how to care for yourself at home.
CDC release - Keeping workplaces, homes, etc. safe
UPMC Testing & Testing Sites
AHN Testing & Testing Sites
Restaurant List - Take-out and delivery options in Hampton
Pittsburgh Cares - organization working
on assembling resources for those wanting
to help and those organizations & individuals
who need it.
11/18/2020 - Official Advisory from the Health Director of Allegheny County COVID-19 Related Stay-at-Home to Stop Social Gatherings Advisory.
Updated list (4-20-20) of life-sustaining businesses is here
Hampton Community Park facilities, including playgrounds and sports courts, are currently open.
The following is the latest information that the Township has received from the Allegheny County Department of Emergency Services:
A.C. Dept. of Emergency Services 5/17/2020 Update