Summer Swim Lessons
Summer Swim Lessons
The Summer Swim Lessons take place at the Outdoor Pool Complex, Monday - Friday, for two weeks, for a total of 10 classes per session. There are traditionally four separate swim lesson sessions offered throughout the summer with classes ranging from infant classes through Advanced Swimmer. However, for the 2020 Summer only two sessions will be available, beginning July 6th with limited classes being offered. Click here for an updated schedule of classes available for Session 3 & Session 4.
Summer Swim Lesson registration will begin June 17, 2020. If you are unsure of what skill level you should register your child for, please review the Swim Lesson Skill level guidelines. If you have any further questions regarding skill levels or what class your child should register for please contact the program manager, Bill Ryder at 412-487-7870 ext. 1316.
Private Swim Lessons (updated 6/15/2020)
There will be no private swim lessons offered for the 2020 summer season.
Youth Diving Instruction
This class is designed for youth (ages 10 - 18 yrs. old) who have completed 4th grade and successfully passed Department of Community Services Basic Strokes swim lessons. Participants will learn warm up exercises, front & back jumps, front approaches as well as front and back dives in the straight and tuck positions. Youth Diving Instruction will take place August 3rd - 7th from 10:00 - 11:00 am. Click here to register today!
Additional Information for 2020 Summer Swim Lessons (updated 6/15/2020)
- Registration for Swim Lessons is limited to Hampton Residents ONLY
- Participants may not attend if they are sick, have a fever, or have any COVID-19 symptoms
- Social distancing will be encouraged by having a 6 ft. space between each participant
- If the instructor determines the participant is registered for a level that is not appropriate for them (based on skill) a transfer to the appropriate class will be done, if possible.
- Instruction will be verbal and by demonstration only. NO HANDS ON SUPPORT / ASSISTANCE will be given by the life-guard instructor.
- Participants should arrive to their lesson dressed in appropriate swim wear. Participants can arrive no earlier than 5 minutes prior to the start of their lesson.
- There will be NO ACCESS to the bath house for showering prior to or concluding the participants lesson.
- The 3 & 4 yr. old with parent class requires the parent to accompany the child in the water during their entire lesson.