CORONAVIRUS INFORMATION - UPDATE REGARDING TOWNSHIP FACILITIES/PARK REOPENING PLAN – MAY 27, 2020
On Wednesday evening, May 27, 2020, Hampton Township Council adopted Resolution No. 1027 approving a Coronavirus (COVID-19) Reopening and Future Operations Plan for Township facilities. A full copy of the Plan can be viewed here: Hampton Township Reopening and Future Operations Plan.
Listed below is a summary of the Township’s Reopening Plan. Public interaction guidelines are to be strictly followed/practiced while the Township is operating under the “Yellow Phase”. Employees and members of the general public are also encouraged to voluntarily continue these practices into the “Green Phase” as well. We would ask that you also continue to follow CDC and the PA Department of Health guidelines as they relate to COVID‑19 pandemic.
Township Administrative Offices (Municipal Building)
June 1, 2020 – all Township full-time employees will resume their regular office hours
June 8, 2020 – all Township part-time employees will resume their regular office hours
June 8, 2020 – the Township’s Municipal Building will be open to the public in the reception area, permit window and Hampton Shaler Water Authority counter only. Any meetings with Township personnel should be scheduled in advance and will be held in the Council Chambers at the Municipal Building.
June 8, 2020 – the Hampton Shaler Water Authority collection center will reopen for walk-in payments.
Township Council, Board and Commission Meetings
Township Council, Board and Commission meetings for the months of June and July, 2020 will be held at the Hampton Community Center, Great Rooms A and B, to encourage social distancing. The meeting dates are as follows:
- Agenda (Workshop) Meeting Wed. June 10 Wed. July 8
- Regular (Voting) Meeting Wed. June 24 Wed. July 22
Environmental Advisory Council (EAC) Mon. June 1 Mon. July 6
Planning Commission Mon. June 8 Mon. July 13
Zoning Hearing Board Tues. June 23 Tues. July 28
Land Use/Planning (including Permits) Department
- Permit applications will be accepted and processed during regular office hours. The Township requires up to 15 business days for residential applications and 30 business days for commercial applications; however, most applications are processed within two weeks.
- All permits issued until the completion of the “phasing out” period shall be accompanied by the following condition, along with a copy of the State’s Guidelines for Businesses in the Construction Industry to operate under (see Appendix #4 of the Reopening Plan).
- Video conferencing for meetings, or telephone calls, with the Land Use Department is encouraged. All in-person meetings with the Land Use Administrator or Land Use Assistant must be scheduled in advance to ensure that space is available for the meeting.
Community Services (Road and Recreation Program Operations)
Community Center and Fitness Area
- Targeted opening date for the Community Center to the general public is June 8, 2020 at the earliest, or after Allegheny County moves to the “Green Phase” if later than June 8th.
- All fitness area equipment has been relocated to follow the 6 ft. social distancing guidelines.
Youth Athletic Activities and Facilities
- The community park sports courts (basketball, street hockey, sand volleyball and tennis courts), will open to the public on June 1, 2020. The target date to reopen the baseball field is July 1, 2020 and soccer field is September 1, 2020. No organized sports are permitted in the “Yellow Phase” and limited to a group of 50 people or less under the “Green Phase”.
Playgrounds and Pavilions
- All playgrounds and pavilions in the community park will reopen on June 1, 2020.
Outdoor Pool Operations
- The target date to reopen the community park swimming pool is June 13, 2020.
- The pool will be open to Hampton residents only (with the exception of those non-residents who have already purchased a season pool pass).
- No walk-up gate access (no cash exchanges) will be permitted. All pool users must have already purchased an annual pool membership or a daily entrance pass in advance.
- If you wish to purchase a daily pool pass, the purchase would have to be made at the Community Center front desk during normal Center hours of operation. Check or credit card only.
- The pool will be closed to all swim clubs and/or teams for the 2020 outdoor pool season.
- During normal business hours of operation, pool lap lanes will be opened but with only one user at a time per lane with a time limit of thirty (30) minutes per user.
- The use of Township lounge chairs for the 2020 season will not be permitted.
- Pool memberships will be limited to 3 guest passes per membership for the season.
- There will be no refunds regarding pool memberships, daily or otherwise once the pool has been opened for the season.
- Additional detailed information regarding protective measures for outdoor pool operations that will be utilized by Township Pool Staff can be found as part of the Plan document itself. Guidelines are subject to change during the pool season.
Childcare Services (Day Camp)
- The CDC and the PA Department of Health have significant guidelines about how best to deal with COFID-19 in a childcare setting.
- Program to run from June 8th through August, 2020.
- Staff and program participants are to have their temperatures taken prior to entering the facility. Should a staff member or program participant’s temperature exceed 100 degrees Fahrenheit, it should then be taken again after fifteen minutes If it is still above 100 degrees, the staff member and/or program participant will be sent home for the day. Parents are responsible to remain with their child during this entire process.
- Additional guidelines regarding this program can be found in the 2020 Summer Play Camp Program Parent Manual on the Township’s website.
Hampton Community Library
- The Hampton Community Library target date to reopen is designated to be in the “Green Phase” under the Governor’s plan. The targeted opening date is June 8, 2020.
- HCL will continue to provide relevant and popular items to be collected on a limited basis.
- All items will be returned through the book drops and quarantined following CDC guidelines.
- All items received through shipping will follow Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh and Einetwork protocols.
- Please follow HCL’s website and Facebook page for hours of operation, events, etc.
Upcoming Township Sponsored Events and Program
- Farmer’s Market – Due to a number of new operational guidelines regarding Farmer’s Markets by the Allegheny County Health Department, it is anticipated that the Market will start on July 1st, every Wednesday through October.
- Community Day Celebration – Because of the number of people who attend the Community Day Celebration, this event has been postponed until Saturday, September 5, 2020. The Hampton Rotary 5K Road Race will also be postponed to September 5th. If Allegheny County is not “Phased Out” by the Governor’s office at that time, this event may be cancelled for this year.
- Family Move Nights (including the Food Truck Program) – Due to the number of participants in the past, it has been decided to change this program this year to an old-fashioned drive-in theater style movie night in the pool parking lots. Movies will be shown on a screen in the pool parking lot where those attending can stay safely in their vehicles receiving an audio feed through an FM station. To compliment this approach, food trucks would also be brought in so that those in attendance could enjoy the opportunity to purchase food and/or non-alcoholic beverages. Dates have not yet been determined.
- Halloween Parade – Due to the number of participants, this program will occur only if Allegheny County is in the “Phased Out” period of the Governor’s Reopening Plan.
- HAEE and Veterans Day 5K Races – These events are scheduled in the fall, and they can occur only if Allegheny County is in the “Phased Out” period of the Governor’s Reopening Plan.
Construction Guidance During COVID-19 FAQs
Stay-At-Home Order Guidance
Business Guidance Order
Order Closing All Non-Life Sustaining Businesses - List
Life-Sustaining Businesses - FAQ's
Allegheny County COVID-19 Map
ACHD Rumor Control Link
FEMA Rumor Control Link
ACHD Resource Page
PA Department of Health Information
CDC "self checker" link- allows individuals to answer a
few questions, and then offers advice. Also provides
information on how to care for yourself at home.
CDC release - Keeping workplaces, homes, etc. safe
UPMC Testing & Testing Sites
AHN Testing & Testing Sites
Restaurant List - Take-out and delivery options in Hampton
Pittsburgh Cares - organization working
on assembling resources for those wanting
to help and those organizations & individuals
who need it.
3/23/20 - Governor Wolf's issued a Stay-At-Home Order for a number of counties, including ALLEGHENY COUNTY. The order goes into place at 8:00 pm this evening for two weeks. There is no change to the life-sustaining businesses and waivers that have previously been in place, or the requirements for restaurants to limit their operations to take-out and delivery.
Updated list (4-20-20) of life-sustaining businesses is here
Hampton Community Park facilities, including playgrounds and sports courts, are closed until further notice.
The following is the latest information that the Township has received from the Allegheny County Department of Emergency Services:
A.C. Dept. of Emergency Services 5/17/2020 Update